Baby, Please Don’t Go!
Strategies to onboard team members that will thrive, strive and grow.
There is a direct correlation between employee retention and positive outcomes for those in receiving supports. Employers struggle to keep employees on the job long enough to build trusting relationships with those receiving services. This presentation will explore how examining antecedents to retention and turnover can give employers a fighting chance to build commitment to individuals and organizational goals. Participants will walk away with key strategies to evaluate and restructure their onboarding process to improve customer and employee satisfaction affecting an organization’s bottom line.
In this session participants will:
- Participants will define three antecedents to retention and turnover in Human Services
- Participants will recall three ways that increased turnover affects success of established goals and objectives
- Participants will compare Culture of Gentleness and onboarding strategies can lead to employee retention
- Participants will examine three tools to implement during onboarding that will increase
- Participants will construct three strategies to be implemented to improve employee retention
Baby, Please Don’t Go!!!-SLIDES HANDOUT
- Sukhdeep Gill, Laura L. Nathans, Amber J. Seidel, Mark T. Greenberg. (2017) Early Head Start start-up planning: Implications for staff support, job satisfaction, burnout, and turnover. Journal of Community Psychology 45:4, 443-458.
- Michàl E. Mor Barak, Jan A. Nissly, and Amy Levin, “Antecedents to Retention and Turnover among Child Welfare, Social Work, and Other Human Service Employees: What Can We Learn from Past Research? A Review and Metanalysis,” Social Service Review 75, no. 4 (December 2001): 625-661.
- Chandra T, Priyono (2016) The influence of leadership styles, work environment and job satisfaction of employee performance—studies in the school of SMPN 10 Surabaya. International Education Studies 9(1): 131–140.
- 10 Things Extraordinary Bosses Give Employees | Inc.com
- Antecedents to Retention and Turnover
- Developing Employees Into Leaders
- Engaging Leadership and Gaining Buy-In
- How to Sell an Idea to Your Boss
- Integrating Training and Performance Appraisal
- The Business Benefits of Positive Leadership
- The influence of leadership styles, work environment and job satisfaction of employee performance
- 30 Essential Behavioral Interview Questions
- Sources of Hire
Examples and Checklists